Hi, I’m Sarah, and I’m a marketing writer, blogger, occasional freelance journalist, and (endlessly) aspiring novelist. I started this blog for hardcore writers who want to make a living with their words — and just maybe change the world along the way.
Why I blog
Back in 2010, when I announced my intentions to quit my day job and write full-time, a lot of people reacted with disbelief and discouragement. They were totally convinced I was going to end up living in a van down by the river. (Which truth be told, I probably would have loved, but anyway.)
But I did quit that job. I’ve been writing ever since. And here’s a secret: it hasn’t been so hard.
Plus the payoff is awesome. I’m way more relaxed, creative, and free than I was in the old nine-to-five.
So I don’t want anyone who dreams of writing to give up because others say its impossible. And I don’t want them to fail because of bad advice (which abounds in this profession, sadly).
It may sound hokey, but I really believe words change the world. They enlighten, entertain, open minds, give hope. A writer’s a damn good thing to be. So if my little blog can help even one new voice be heard, I’ll be thrilled.
Random fun facts
In the spirit of new friendships, here few things you may or may not want to know about your faithful blogger:
- I’ve been bitten by a vampire bat. It’s a long story.
- Favorite beer: IPA. I try not to be a head hopper. But a hop head? Yes, please.
- After college, I did a volunteer year in Kyrgyzstan. Yeah, I didn’t know where that was either.
- When I escape from the word mines, you’ll find me mountaineering, backpacking, snow cave digging, mountain biking, and torturing friends with the GoPro.
- I’m 100 percent coffee-fueled. No joke. My cells convert caffeine straight to energy.
- Not sure who owns who, but I live with a super ornery Indonesian cat. He’s probably still pissed I kidnapped him from paradise to the frozen wasteland of Denver.
Your turn! Comment and tell me something funny, touching, or random about you.
Keep in touch
Got a song to sing, tale to tell, flame grenade to lob? Use this form to shoot me an email.